- Community Plan
- Village Office
Village of Telkwa Parks & Recreation Committee
The Village of Telkwa Parks & Recreation Committee exists to advise Council, in communication with Village staff, on matters, including budget recommendations, pertaining to Parks and Trails in the Village of Telkwa.
- Woodland Park
- Hankin Park (future)
- Museum Parking Lot (planters only)
- Eddy Park
- Library Park
- Riverside Park
Parks & Recreation Committee must be comprised of a maximum of six members of the public, one member of Council, and one non-voting staff member. The meetings are held on the 3rd Thursday of each month at the Telkwa Village Office at 7:00pm. All meetings are open to the public and anyone wishing to speak at the meeting must follow the Procedure Bylaw 589.
Village of Telkwa Parks & Recreation Committee Minutes
Village of Telkwa Environmental Sustainability Committee (TESC)
The Village of Telkwa Environmental Sustainability Committee exists to advise Village Council, in communication with Village staff, on matters pertaining to environmental sustainability.
- Identifying and prioritizing sustainability projects in areas such as energy efficiency, greenhouse gas emissions reduction, solid and liquid waste, recycling, water conservation, low impact(smart) developments, etc.;
- Promoting the integration of sustainability principles and best practices into existing Village policies, programs and services;
- Identifying opportunities to participate in regional and provincial sustainability initiatives;
- Researching and responding to proposed development projects that have environmental implications for Village residents.
Sample topics of inquiry could include:
- Implementation of the Climate Action Charter commitments
- Input to the Official Community Plan and other land-use planning
- Coal and coalbed methane development, forestry, hydro
- Water conservation
- Public transit
- Smart Growth
- Community walkability initiatives
- Anti-idling promotion
- Air quality (including wood stove exchange program)
- Pesticide use
It is proposed that the Committee be comprised of a maximum of six members of the public, one member of Village Council, and one non-voting staff member. The Committee meetings are held the third Monday of each month at the Telkwa Village office at 7:00 pm. Committee will follow the Council Procedure Bylaw 589. All Committee meetings are open to the public, as per the BC Community Charter.
May 13, 2013
May 13, 2013
May 06, 2013
May 02, 2013more news