- Community Plan
- Village Office
The Village of Telkwa provides Garbage pick up on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Here are some tips and tricks for making the Garbage pick up run smoothly…
- The owner or tenant are responsible for purchasing and maintaining, in good order and repair, a garbage cart as mandated by Village of Telkwa Bylaw No. 605.
- Only the mandated garbage carts will picked up by the Village.
- If you have extra garbage from time to time, extra garbage stickers can be purchased at the Village office for a cost of $2.00 and attached to a plastic garbage bag for disposal.
- Containers placed on property line for pick-up are to be placed on the property line adjoining the road allowance prior to 8:00 am.
- Do not overfill your container. Overfilled containers will not be emptied. Any garbage that is not inside your container will not be collected, other than bags with the extra bag stickers.
What NOT to do on collection day?
Do not put these items in your container:
NO HOT ASHES
NO propane tanks or cylinders
NO automobile tires
NO lead-acid batteries (e.g. car batteries)
NO paints, solvents or any liquids
NO hazardous materials (e.g. pesticides)
NO gypsum (drywall)
NO animal carcasses
NO used oil or oil filters
NO TV’s or computer monitors
May 13, 2013
May 13, 2013
May 06, 2013
May 02, 2013more news